To underscore this point, below is a very brief sampling of some churches / mission groups that hold to the Doctrines of Grace who are also very active in Missions, Evangelism and Church Planting, etc (of course, Christian "activity" should not be limited to these 3 branches of "outreach" as all Christians ought to be involved in ongoing "ministry" and actively seeking to proclaim Christ in their "sphere of influence", 24/7, in word and deed... "at the sink", place of business, in the family, etc). In any event, far from being disconnected or unaffected toward the grand "missionary enterprise", these and scores of other Calvinistic believers, are being used by the Lord as instruments for the advance of Christ's glorious Kingdom, all to His glory and praise!
- http://www.metropolitantabernacle.org/?page=sot (large Sunday School outreach, evangelism, and Missions via Tabernacle's Overseas Ministry Fund... see Sword & Trowel for info).
- http://www2.mtw.org/home/site/templates/splash.asp (click on "Our Work").
- The Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America - An association started in 1997 with about 60 churches. Many of the members of ARBCA provide Missionary + Church Planting support. http://www.arbca.com/
- History of Evangelism / Church Planting by those holding to the Doctrines of Grace: http://www.founders.org/journal/fj37/article1.html
- Some notable Missionaries, Evangelists, and Gospel Preachers who held to the Doctrines of Grace were: Brainerd, Whitefield, M'Cheyne, Bonar, Burns, Luther, Calvin, Tyndale, Latimer, Knox, Whishart, Perkins, Rutherford, Bunyan, Owen, Charnock, Goodwin, Flaval, Watson, Henry, Watts, Edwards, Newton, Spurgeon, and many martyrs during the Reformation, etc (source: WJ Seaton).
The Doctrines of Grace fully encapsulate some of the choicest cardinal truths of Scripture and perfectly meld to the activity inherent to the Great Commission in what, one might term, the worldwide "Theater of Redemption". I'm sure not all holding to Calvinistic doctrine have had the zeal becoming of our profession (myself not exempted) but many, in even in our day, are applying it daily by His grace.
May His Kingdom ever grow, as it shall and is -- and may the Lord give grace to me, and you, to be actively engaged in it!